Please forward all requests related to the vacancy to HR@oilfund.az.
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan is pleased to announce the position of Information Technologies Department Director.
This is a great opportunity to join an exceptional organization and become an integral part of the SOFAZ leadership team.
This leadership role will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of the Fund’s strategic and organizational objectives through the effective management of Information Technologies systems and projects. Candidates should have a high degree of personal integrity, technical expertise, attention to detail, excellent communication, customer service, analytical, problem solving, project management, team building and leadership skills.
Information Technologies Director will be responsible for :
- Planning and overseeing implementation of large-scale IT infrastructure and software integration/development projects for mission-critical systems.
- Developing and executing IT vendor and contractor acquisition plans and overseeing contractor performance.
- Evaluating overall accomplishments of the department and identifying operating problems, conflicting priorities, program deficiencies and potential problem areas.
- Working with SOFAZ leadership and other related organizations executives in aligning and defining the IT goals for strategic growth objectives, cyber-security posture fortification and management.
- Identifying, defining and coordinating the Cyber Security position and posture of the SOFAZ IT resources and assets. Ensure the integration of the SOFAZ Cyber Security footprint within overall state IT infrastructure assets and alignment to IT industry best practices and innovations.
- Participating and Collaborating with the CEO in setting up and provisioning resilient IT infrastructure in support of SOFAZ organizational goals.
- Planning organizing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of all IT department within IT director portfolio.
- Engage with world leading IT organizations, product development firms and cloud service providers to assess innovations for SOFAZ adoption and definition of the integration approaches that will yield best synergy for SOFAZ and state innovation.
- Creation, management and oversight of the IT “tiger teams” in pursuance of innovative projects that would promote development of cutting-edge technologies for SOFAZ adoption from private industry.
At least a Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems or related discipline and B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or related is preferred.
Background in engineering and/or computer science, with in-depth analytical skills and ability to solve complex organizational and logistical problems with use of latest advancements in IT technology and Agile methods.
Azerbaijani, English is must, Russian is desirable.
At least 15 years of experience in IT industry in leadership roles for a large organization.
Deadline for submission of CV’s by June 30, 2020